What should I do with a second hand SSD?
Last week I bought a second hand SSD from my work-mate. It is 250GB Samsung Evo 840. First I checked benchmark and health with different applications. But then I found Samsung Magician. You can download from here.
- SecureErase function can fully erase data on the drive in less than 1 minute.
- Update function confirms that latest firmware is installed from the Samsung website.
- Automatic OS optimization for Superfetch/Prefetch, ReadyBoost, and DIPM settings.
- Benchmarking application tests performance of the SSD, and other connected devices.
- Fully compatible with all previously shipped Samsung SSD drives.
My SSD’s firmware was very old, so i updated first and than optimized. Now it is more faster and better. If you buy new SSD check first if there is a tool for driver updates etc. Because such things are effecting your computer speed.